- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-2 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 stalks lemongrass, roughly chopped into large chunks
- 2 cm piece ginger, roughly chopped
- 800 g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, roughly chopped
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 8 lime leaves
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 handfuls coriander, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 handfuls baby Thai pea aubergine
- 1 lime, juice only
- basmati rice, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a wok and add the curry paste and sugar. Cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved. Add the garlic, red pepper, lemon grass and ginger.
2. Brown the chicken thighs in the wok, then stir in the coconut milk, lime leaves, fish sauce, soy sauce and coriander. Place the lid on and allow to simmer under a low heat for 25-30 minutes.
3. Stir in the pea aubergines and cook for 5-6 minutes, until tender. Squeeze in the lime juice to taste.
4. Serve the curry with basmati rice and a sprinkling of chopped coriander.
Rate This Recipe