- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g firm tofu
- groundnut oil, for frying
for the dressing
- 2 red chillies, deseeded
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
for the salad
- 300 g swede, peeled and grated
- 100 g green beans, sliced lengthways
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 50 g toasted peanuts, ground
- 2 handfuls mint leaves
1. Drain the tofu and wrap in kitchen paper until ready to use.
2. Make the dressing by pounding the chillies, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice and sugar together in a heavy mortar, or by blending in a blender.
3. To make the salad, combine the swede, green beans, red pepper, spring onions, and 25g of the ground peanuts. Stir half the dressing through the salad.
4. Heat a shallow pool of groundnut oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a high flame.
5. Cut the drained tofu into 7.5cm thick slices and fry in the oil, turning once, until golden all over. Remove and drain on dry kitchen paper.
6. Spoon the salad onto 4 serving plates and top with the fried tofu.
7. Finish with the remaining dressing, sprinkle with remaining peanuts and garnish with the mint leaves. Serve.
Rate This Recipe