- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 225 g minced pork
- 30 ml fish sauce
- a pinch of sugar
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- a handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- coriander, to garnish
For the egg roll;
- 5-6 eggs
- 15 ml fish sauce
- 30 ml vegetable oil
For the peanut sauce:
- 15 g Thai red curry paste
- 30 g crunchy peanut butter
- 15 g palm sugar
- juice of ½ lemons
- 225 ml coconut milk
1. First make the pork filling. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onion over a moderate heat until soft. Add the pork and fry for about 7 minutes.
2. Add fish sauce, sugar, salt, pepper and tomatoes; simmer for 4 minutes then add the coriander.
3. To make the egg rolls whisk the eggs and fish sauce together.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add a thin layer of the egg mixture and cook over a medium heat until set.
5. Spoon some pork mixture into the centre, and then flip each side into the middle to form a parcel. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
6. To make the peanut sauce, fry the paste for about a minute until it is fragrant.
7. Stir in the peanut butter, palm sugar, lemon juice and coconut milk, bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Serve the rolls with the peanut sauce as a dip.
Rate This Recipe