- Effort: easy
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 3 large shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 220 g can water chestnuts, drained and halved
- light soy sauce, to taste
- oyster sauce, to taste
- 1 pinches caster sugar
- 1 pinches ground white pepper
- 2 bok choy, leaves separated
- 100 g lean minced pork
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2-3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil, or to taste
1. Put the chicken stock in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
2. Add the shiitake mushrooms and water chestnuts and season with the soy sauce, oyster sauce, caster sugar and ground white pepper.
3. Once the stock has returned to a simmer, add the bok choy and minced pork and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Heat a little sunflower oil in a small frying pan or wok until nearly smoking. Add the garlic slices and fry till brown. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the spring onions and fried garlic. Sprinkle with sesame oil before serving.
Rate This Recipe