- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes including 20 minutes roasting garlic
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 700 g coconut milk, 2 x 350g cans
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
For the lobster curry:
- 1 bulbs garlic
- 4 live lobster
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 24baby carrots, blanched
- 2 broccoli florets, blanched
- 200 g peas, blanched
- 1 red peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp Thai basil, cut into thin strips
1. Chop off the bottom of garlic bulb and separate the whole cloves, leaving tight outer covering intact. Place cloves in a shallow 8-inch square baking dish, and drizzle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Bake at 180C/gas 4 for 20 minutes. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile make the curry sauce. Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Cool and keep refrigerated till ready to use.
2. Get a large pot of water on the boil. Add the lobsters and cook until dead, which should take about one minute. Remove lobsters from the water and chill. When they are cool, remove all meat and cut into bite size pieces.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large sauté pan or wok on the hob till very hot. Add the lobster meat and sauté for one minute. Add the mushrooms, garlic and carrots and sauté for another minute. Then add the other vegetables.
4. Now stir in the curry sauce with the rest of the ingredients and simmer together for a minute till all ingredients are combined. Serve with your favorite rice.
Rate This Recipe