- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time:
- Effort: medium
- 1 kg chicken
- 1 lemons, sliced
- 1 limes, sliced
For the stuffing
- 1 stalks lemongrass
- 2 red chillies, halved and de-seeded
- 2 cloves garlic
- 150 g coconut cream
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1 banana shallots, chopped
- 0.5 bunches coriander, chopped
For the noodles
- 250 g egg noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Chop the lemon grass and blend in a food processor with the chilli, garlic, and creamed coconut.
2. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the cumin seeds, lime zest and juice, the chopped shallot and the coriander.
3. Loosen the skin at the top of the crown of the chicken and push the index and middle fingers underneath to form a pocket.
4. Score the thighs twice on both sides.
5. Push the paste into the pocket under the skin, and then rub the remaining paste into the thighs of the chicken.
6. Lay the lemon and lime slices on the bottom of a roasting pan and sit the chicken on top. Roast for 40-45 minutes, basting occasionally throughout the cooking process.
7. Meanwhile, blanch the egg noodles in boiling water, and then drain.
8. Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the drained noodles.
9. Add the sliced spring onion, fish sauce and sesame seeds, and finish with sesame oil.
10. To serve, carve the chicken and arrange on plate with the noodles and fresh coriander.
Rate This Recipe