- Serves: 3-4 as a snack
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g salmon, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Thai green curry paste, shop-bought
- 1 eggs
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 limes, juice
- 3 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 500 ml groundnut oil, for deep frying
For the sweet chilli sauce
- 6 medium chillies, seeds removed, chopped
- 110 g caster sugar
- 120 ml water
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the salmon, Thai green curry paste and egg. Stir in the fish sauce, sugar, cornflour, lime juice, coriander and seasoning.
2. Heat the oil in a wok over a medium heat and drop tablespoons of the mixture into the pan and fry until golden brown - about 2-3 minutes.
3. Drain on absorbent paper and serve with sweet chilli sauce.
4. For the chilli sauce, dissolve the sugar in the water and bring to a boil, add the chopped chillies and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly, and pour the sauce into a food processor. Blend until smooth and serve at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe