- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 1 large aubergine
- 25 g roasted peanuts, chopped
- half cucumber, diced
- Handful of chives, snipped
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 2 lime leaves, thinly shredded
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely mashed to garnish
1. Push a fork into the stem of the aubergines and place the aubergine directly onto a high gas flame. Roast the aubergine, turning occasionally, until completely blackened, soft and collapsed. Alternatively, prick and grill until blistered all over.
2. Set aside to cool, then peel off the charred skin. Coarsely chop the smoked aubergine flesh.
3. Mix together the chopped aubergine, peanuts, cucumber, chives, mint, chilli, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, lime juice, soy sauce and sugar.
4. Sprinkle over the hard-boiled egg and serve.
Rate This Recipe