- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g boiled potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1 raw potatoes, coarsely grated, squeezed in a clean tea towel to extract excess moisture
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 300 g cooked fillet of salmon, skinned and flaked
- 1 bunches spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 small red chillies, finely chopped, with seeds
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten with a pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tbsp polenta
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
1. Mix the mashed and grated potatoes together in a large bowl. Stir in the Thai green curry paste then the flaked salmon, the spring onions, chillies, coriander and garlic. Season with a little salt and pepper.
2. Divide the mixture into 6 and using wet hands, shape them into round patties, about 1cm thickness.
3. Set up 3 plates or shallow bowls. Put the beaten egg in one, use one for the flour and one for the polenta. First roll the cakes in the flour, then dust off any excess. Next roll them in the egg and finally in the polenta to coat.
4. Heat a little vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Place the fish cakes in the hot oil and fry for 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden.
Rate This Recipe