- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 chicken wings, trimmed and boned
For the batter:
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150 g plain flour
- 50 g rice flour
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, (black by preference)
For the filling:
- 50 g vermicelli noodles, soaked and chopped into 1cm pieces
- 200 g minced chicken
- 3 stalks of lemongrass, finely chopped
- 4 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Thai shallots, finely chopped
- 2cm knob of ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp coriander roots, chopped
- 4 lime leaves, sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- freshly ground white pepper
- salad leaves
- sweet chilli sauce
1. To make the batter, sift the baking powder and flours together into a large bowl. Stir in the sesame seeds. Gently whisk in enough cold water to produce a batter like consistency.
2. In a separate large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the filling. Place a small amount of filling into each wing and secure with cocktails sticks.
3. Heat some oil in a deep fat fryer or wok to 180°C. Dip the wings in the batter and fry for about 7 to 8 minutes, until they are cooked through. The wings should float when they are cooked.
4. Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately with salad leaves and a sweet chilli dip.
Rate This Recipe