- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 lobster, freshly cooked
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 3 red chillies, deseeded and diced
- 100 g butter
For the rice
- 175 g basmati rice
- 1 pinches strands saffron
- 4 cm ginger, finely grated
- 1 bunches coriander, finely chopped
For the lime butter
- 100 g butter
- 1 limes, zest and juice
1. Remove the claws from the lobster, bash with a lobster hammer or rolling pin and remove the claw meat. Set aside.
2. Slice the tail in half along its length.
3. Place the coconut milk in a pan. Bruise the lemon grass stalks with a rolling pin to release their flavour and add to the coconut milk along with the chillies.
4. Heat the coconut milk mixture gently and whisk in the butter.
5. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and add the lobster tails. Heat through and then remove and keep warm.
6. Place the rice in a saucepan and add the infused coconut milk and enough water to cover.
7. Dissolve the saffron in a little water, and add to the rice. Add the grated ginger.
8. Bring the rice to the boil and continue to cook until all the liquid has been absorbed.
9. To make the lime butter, beat the butter, lime zest and juice together in a bowl. Place the butter onto a piece of foil and roll up like a log. Transfer to the fridge to set.
10. Fluff up the rice and stir in the flakes of lobster meat and the coriander.
11. Divide the rice between the two lightly greased ramekin dishes or teacups. Invert onto a plate to serve.
12. Unwrap the lime butter log and cut into slices and place a slice on each half of the lobster tail.
Rate This Recipe