- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus soaking
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 2 finely grated lime or lemon zest
- 500 g minced pork
- 1 spring onion
- 1 egg white
- 100 g breadcrumbs
1. Soak 12-16 wooden skewers or disposable wooden chopsticks for 1 hour to prevent burning or cover them with tinfoil.
2. Make a simple Thai sauce by shaking the Thai sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and lime or lemon juice and zest together in a jar.
3. Place the mince, spring onion, egg white, breadcrumbs, ½ tsp salt and pepper in a bowl and add 2 tbsp of the sauce. Mix with a spoon or clean hands. Divide mixture into 12-16 portions (use wet hands to stop mixture sticking). Roll each into a sausage shape and pierce with a skewer or chopstick.
4. Heat barbecue grill plate with a little oil and cook pork sticks for 5-6 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Serve with extra simple Thai sauce on the side. Any remaining sauce can be kept in a jar in the fridge for several weeks.
Rate This Recipe