- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 part-boned wing-on chicken breasts, with skin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 500 ml balsamic vinegar
- 115g shelled pecans, oughly chopped
- 225 g dark seedless raisins
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Season the chicken breasts.
3. Heat the oil and butter in an oven-proof frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and fry for 4-5 minutes, turning, until the skin is golden. Transfer to the oven and roast for about 15 minutes until the skin is brown and crisp.
4. While the chicken is cooking, boil the balsamic vinegar until reduced to about one-third of its original volume. It should be sweet and thick.
5. Toast the pecans in the oven for a few minutes, taking care not to let them burn.
6. Toss the pecans in the vinegar. Add the raisins and bubble gently until you have a thick, black candy-like mix. Add a squirt of lemon juice to cut the sweetness a little. Season to taste.
7. Remove the chicken from the oven and spread the vinegar mix over the skin. Return to the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
8. Slice the breasts lengthways to reveal the white meat and the black skin. Serve with polenta and beetroot.
Rate This Recipe