- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- olive oil or lard
- 4 corn tortillas, such as Mission Mexican Corn Tortillas
- small handful chopped tarragon
- enchilada sauce, such as Mission enchilada sauce (combine tomato sauce and enchilada spice mix from Mission Mexican Enchilada Meal Kit)
- 4 eggs
- 60 g Lancashire cheese, grated
- refried beans
- soured cream
1. Heat the enchilada sauce gently in a pan. Melt 1-2 tbsp of lard or olive oil in a separate frying-pan and gently turn the tortillas in the fat. Put them in a low oven, wrapped in foil, to keep warm, along with four plates. Add the tarragon to the sauce and stir.
2. Melt the rest of the lard in the frying-pan and turn the heat right up until the fat is sizzling. Fry the eggs, two at a time, spooning the lard over the top of them so that they turn a golden colour at the edges and absorb some of the flavour. Season the eggs well with salt and pepper.
3. Put a tortilla on each plate and top with the tomato sauce. Put a fried egg on top and scatter with the grated Lancashire.
Recipe provided by Mission Mexican
Rate This Recipe