- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 225 g lean skirt of beef, very finely diced
- 1 large potato, finely diced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 turnip or swede, finely diced
- 225 g shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4
2. In a large bowl, mix the meat with the potatoes, onions and turnip or swede and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Divide the dough in two and roll each into a circle about 0.5cm thick on a lightly floured surface.
4. Divide the filling equally between the two rounds, leaving a 0.5cm space at the edges.
5. Dampen the edges and draw up to meet on top of the filling. Crimp the edges firmly together and make a small slit in the top to allow the steam to escape.
6. Place on a baking tray, brush with beaten egg and bake in the middle of the oven for 45-60 minutes. Eat hot or cold.
Rate This Recipe