- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- fat, from a pan just used for cooking a joint of beef
- 1 onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp flour
- 300-400 ml vegetable stock
- small bunch fresh herbs, (oregano, thyme, rosemary)
- 1 tsp Marmite, or Bovril
1. Place the pan used to cook the meat over a high heat, then cook the onions in the fat for 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Stir in the flour, cooking for a further 2-3 minutes, or until browned.
2. Pour in the vegetable stock, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan and stirring until the flour and stock are well combined. Bring to the boil, then add the herbs. Simmer until the liquid is reduced to a gravy consistency and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in a teaspoon of marmite or Bovril for extra flavour.
Rate This Recipe