- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 minutes chilling
- Effort: easy
- 500 g minced rump steaks, (with a bit of fat)
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 dashes of tabasco
- 3 large pinches flaked sea salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- tomato relishes
- red onions, thinly sliced
- white sesame bun
1. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Cover with cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
2. Shape the mixture into patties, brush with olive oil then fry or grill for 2-3 minutes on each side (for rare), or until cooked to your liking.
3. Slice the bun in half and spread each side with mayonnaise. Place the patty on the bun, top with the sliced onion and tomato relish, and serve.
Rate This Recipe