- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1-2 onions, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 round green chillies, chopped
- 1/2 round red chillies, chopped
- 1/2 cabbage, chopped
- 1-2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1 small round squash, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 aubergine
- 100 g green beans, chopped
- 100 g tomato purée
- 100 ml fish stock
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 400 g hake, cut into 4 cutlets
- 100 g prawns
- 250 g long grain rice
- slices of limes
1. Heat the oil in a casserole dish. Add the onion, red pepper, green pepper, green chilli and red chilli and fry, stirring, for 2 minutes.
2. Add the cabbage, carrot, potato, squash, tomato, aubergine and green beans. Fry for 2 minutes, stirring.
3. Mix in the tomato puree and add the fish stock.
4. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, grind half the parsley, the garlic and a good pinch of salt into a paste in a pestle and mortar.
6. Score the hake cutlets and stuff each cutlet with some of the parsley paste.
7. Add the fish and prawns to the vegetable mixture. Pour in enough water so that the vegetables and seafood are just covered.
8. Tie the remaining parsley into a bunch and add to the fish casserole. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
9. Cover and simmer the casserole for 30 minutes.
10. Using a slotted spoon remove all the casserole ingredients and set aside, keeping warm.
11. Add the rice to the remaining liquor, bring to the boil and cook for 12 minutes until the rice is tender.
12. To serve, place the rice and any liquor in a serving bowl. Top with the vegetables and seafood. Garnish with fresh lime slice and serve.
Rate This Recipe