- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: hard
- 225 g puff pastry
- 1 Périgord truffle, fresh or preserved
- 50 g butter
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 125 ml double cream
- 16 fresh scallops
- 2 tbsp clarified butter, (ghee)
- 100 ml truffle dressing, or truffle oil
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- curly endive
- a few sprigs chervil
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Select a large non-stick frying pan and cut out a circle of greaseproof paper to the same diameter.
3. Roll out the puff pastry very thinly. Use a large cutter or a plate to cut out six disks 12.5cm in diameter. Place on a baking tray. Cover the tray with another baking tray. Bake for about 15 minutes until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven, leaving the tartlets on the tray.
4. Increase the oven temperature to 220°C/gas 7.
5. Slice the truffle very finely. Keep two thirds aside and finely chop the remainder.
6. Melt the 50g of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks, cover and sweat for 5 minutes until translucent. Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper. Add the finely chopped truffle and simmer for another 5 minutes until the leeks are tender and you have a sort of leek fondue.
7. Spread the leek fondue onto the pastry tartlets.
8. Slice the scallops very finely. Place the slices on the circle of greaseproof paper.
9. Heat the clarified butter in the non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Lift the greaseproof paper circle, turn it over and place in the pan. With the greaseproof paper still in place, cook the scallops for 40 seconds only.
10. Drain off any excess clarified butter, then turn the pan upside down onto a board so that the scallops are lying on top of the greaseproof paper. Remove them gently from the paper and arrange on the tartlets.
11. Add a few slices of truffle to each tartlet. Bake in the oven for 2 minutes.
12. To serve, place a tartlet in the centre of a plate. Garnish with endive and a chervil sprig, and drizzle with dressing or truffle oil.
Rate This Recipe