- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 mins resting
- Effort: easy
- 125 ml olive oil
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- small bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped jalapeño peppers
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 410 g tinned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 410 g tinned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 410 g tinned black-eyed beans, rinsed and drained
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 225 g wild mushrooms
- black pepper
- roasted sweet potatoes or warm bread, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add in the garlic, onion, parsley, red pepper, green pepper and jalapeno pepper and fry stirring, for 5 minutes.
2. Mix in the cumin, chilli powder, paprika, tomatoes with their reserved juice, kidney beans, white beans, black-eye beans and stock.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add the mixed wild mushrooms, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
6. Heat through and serve in a bowl over roasted sweet potatoes, or with warm bread.
Rate This Recipe