- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g shortcrust pastry
- vegetable oil, for greasing
- flour, for dusting
- 40 g emmental cheese
- 40 g gruyère cheese
- 40 g cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml single cream
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Roll out the pastry and cut around a pint glass or use a pastry cutter to make 12 round discs of pastry.
3. Oil and flour a 12 hole shallow bun tin (muffin trays are too deep) and place the pastry into the holes.
4. Grate enough cheese to fill the 12 pies, then fill the pastry with the cheese.
5. Beat the eggs with the cream until blended. Pour this mixture slowly over the cheese until it is immersed and the mixture is up to the top of the pastry.
6. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the pies turn golden brown.
7. Serve hot with mixed green salad.
Rate This Recipe