- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus chilling time
- Effort: easy
- 250 g butter
- 250 g cream cheese
- 150 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 fresh figs
- demerara sugar
- 1-2 tbsp clear honey
- crème fraîche or ice cream, to serve
1. Beat together the butter and cream cheese until smooth, then blend in the flour. Wrap the pastry in cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Cut the pastry into four and roll them out into discs about 12.5-15cm in diameter and 5mm thick.
3. Brush the surface of the pastry with beaten egg. Roll three sides of each disc towards the centre to create a triangle shaped tart case.
4. Arrange three halves of fresh fig in each tart case with the tops pointing into the points of the tart. Sprinkle with demerara sugar and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the dough is golden and sizzling.
5. Remove the tarts from the oven and immediately drizzle with honey. Serve warm with crème fraîche or ice cream.
Rate This Recipe