- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 good handfuls of wild rocket and lamb's lettuce
- sunflower oil, for deep-frying
- 1 small leek, cut into fine strips
- 5 sprigs flat leaf parsley, picked
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 large tiger prawns, shelled and halved
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, plus extra for decoration
- 1 tbsp water
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for decoration
- 2 sprig dill, finely sliced
- 6 basil
- 1 large shallot, peeled and finely diced
- 4 small firm cep mushrooms, finely sliced
- chilli sauce, to serve
1. Wash and dry the rocket and lamb's lettuce. Set aside under a damp cloth.
2. In a deep fat-fryer heat the oil to 180ºC. Deep-fry the leeks until lightly browned and crisp; drain on kitchen paper.
3. Deep-fry the parsley and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Fry the tiger prawns for 4 minutes until cooked. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and keep warm.
5. Mix together the balsamic vinegar, water and olive oil, making a vinaigrette. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Toss together the rocket, lamb's lettuce, dill, basil, and shallot with the vinaigrette. Carefully mix in the sliced ceps.
7. Place the salad on a serving plate, top with the tiger prawns and garnish with the deep-fried leeks and parsley. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar around the edge of the serving plate and serve with chilli sauce on the side.
Rate This Recipe