- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 20 tiger prawns, shells removed except the last little bit with the tail
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 medium courgettes, finely sliced diagonally
- 20 sun-blushed tomatoes, and their oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 large basil
- 1 lemons, zest and juice
- 390 avocados, in a tin, drained and halved
- 1 pinches salt, and cayenne pepper
1. Slice the tiger prawns down the back and remove the intestinal cords, set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the groundnut oil in a large frying pan and add the courgettes. Fry over a high heat for about 3 minutes until they soften but are not completely cooked through.
3. Transfer to a large bowl and toss in the sun blush tomatoes and the extra-virgin olive oil. Add the basil, the lemon zest and juice and season with a little salt and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
4. Wipe out your frying pan and add the second tablespoon of groundnut oil. Add prawns and artichokes in a single layer. Fry them for 2-3 minutes until the tiger prawns start to change colour, turn the prawns and artichokes over. Fry for a further 3 minutes or so until the prawns are cooked through.
5. Spread out the prawns and artichokes on a large platter and spoon the courgette and tomato mixture over the top. This dish is good served hot, warm or cold.
Rate This Recipe