- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g sponge fingers
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 200 g butter
- 5 eggs, separated
- 5 tbsp brandy
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.
2. Process the sponge fingers in a food processor until finely ground.
3. Melt the chocolate and the butter in a mixing bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
5. Place the ground sponge fingers in a bowl. Stir in the brandy, mixing well.
6. Beat the yolks, one by one, into the melted chocolate mixture.
7. Fold the whisked egg whites into the chocolate mixture, then the ground sponge fingers.
8. Place the mixture in a greased, lined 20cm cake tin and smooth the surface.
9. Bake for 30 minutes until set. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
Rate This Recipe