- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 eggs
- 115 g butter
- 115 g caster sugar
- 115 g self-raising flour
- 50 g ground almonds
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
For the mulled wine sauce:
- 750 ml red wine
- 110 g caster sugar
- 500 g frozen red berries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- juice and pared rind of 1 oranges
- Juice and pared rind of 1 lemons
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Break the eggs into a food processor. Add in the butter, sugar, flour and almonds. Blend until well-mixed.
3. Divide the mixture between 6 greased ramekins.
4. Bake for 20 minutes until risen.
5. To make the mulled wine sauce, place the wine, sugar, berries, cinnamon stick, lemon and orange juice and rind in a pan and bring to the boil.
6. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes then remove from the heat and strain.
7. Place the puddings in a serving dish and drizzle over the mulled wine liquid until absorbed. Spoon on the berries and serve with generous scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe