- Serves: 1-2
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- juice of 2 oranges
- 5 grapes, cut in half and de-seeded if necessary
- 1 banana
- handful of walnuts
- 1 fig, cut into chunks
- small handful of blueberries
- 1 pear
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg white
- 250 g mascarpone
- 4 sponge fingers, such as Savoiardi such as Savoiardibroken in half
1. Add the juice of the oranges to a bowl with a small handful or blueberries, the fig, grapes and the banana. Mix together and add 1tbs of sugar.
2. Loosen the mascarpone and add 1tbs of sugar, mix together lightly.
3. Place the egg white in a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy and at the stiff peak stage.
4. Carefully fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture and set aside.
5. Remove the fruit from the bowl with a slotted spoon, retaining the orange juice at the bottom. Quickly dip each biscuit into orange juice for a couple of seconds (making sure they do not become mushy of break up). Stir around so that they are completely coated in liquid.
6. Arrange the halved biscuits in a layer at the bottom of each glass serving bowl and top with a little of the mascarpone cream and then a little of the fruit.
7. Repeat these layers until all the ingredients have been used up. Top with 1 more piece of biscuit and then sprinkle some broken pieces of walnut over everything.
Rate This Recipe