- Serves: 10
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus overnight chilling
- Effort: easy
- 6 eggs, separated
- 125 g caster sugar
- 500 g mascarpone
- 500 ml strong coffee, cooled, plus 3-4 tbsp used coffee grounds
- 8 tbsp amaretto (almond liqueur)
- about 30 sponge fingers
- cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Whip the egg yolks in a bowl with the sugar until very thick and creamy. Add the mascarpone and whisk until it is well blended.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, then gently fold them into the mascarpone mixture.
3. Put the cooled coffee into a shallow bowl with the amaretto. Dip the sponge fingers, one at a time, into the liquid and use them to tightly line the bottom of a 25 x 30cm dish.
4. Spread over a layer of the mascarpone mixture and sprinkle over some cocoa and coffee grounds. Repeat the layering until the dish is full, then refrigerate the tiramisu overnight.
5. Just before serving, dust generously with more cocoa and coffee grounds.
Rate This Recipe