- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 2 hrs chilling
- Effort: medium
- 1 vanilla pods
- 50 g caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 250 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp rum
- 2 tbsp tia maria
- 2 tbsp Kahlúa
- 350 ml strong coffee
- 1 packets sponge fingers
- 250 g mascarpone
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Remove the seeds from the vanilla pod and place in an electric mixer with the egg yolks and caster sugar. Keep the vanilla pod to make vanilla sugar. Whisk until pale and thick.
2. In a separate bowl, lightly whip the cream.
3. Put the rum, Tia Maria, Kahlua and coffee into a bowl and dip half the sponge fingers into the mixture, then line a serving bowl with them.
4. Mix the mascarpone with the beaten egg mixture and fold the cream into the mix. Drizzle the sponge fingers with half the coffee mix and then half fill the serving bowl with the cream mixture.
5. Top with the remaining sponge fingers and drizzle the rest of the coffee mix. Finish with the rest of the cream mix and dust with the cocoa powder. Place in the fridge for about two hours to chill before serving.
Rate This Recipe