- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 ml single cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 100 g mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp amaretto (almond liqueur), (eg amaretto)
For the sponge fingers
- 275 ml cold coffee
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp amaretto (almond liqueur), (eg amaretto)
- 1 x 175 g packet sponge fingers
- cocoa powder
1. Whip the single cream with the icing sugar then beat in the mascarpone, vanilla extract and amaretto.
2. For the sponge fingers: sweeten the coffee with 1 tablespoon of icing sugar and add 2 tablespoons of amaretto.
3. Dip the sponge fingers into the coffee mixture. Line the base of 4 individual serving glasses with half of the fingers, breaking them up if necessary.
4. Spoon half the mascarpone mixture onto the top, add another layer of sponge fingers using the rest of the biscuits, then finish with the leftover mascarpone.
5. Spoon the remaining coffee mix onto the top and sprinkle over cocoa powder. Serve chilled.
Rate This Recipe