- Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g cantuccini cookies or biscotti, chopped, plus extra for topping
- 250 ml Italian dessert wine vin santo or marsala
- 500 g mascarpone
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped, plus extra for topping
Tips and Suggestions
Unlike traditional tiramisú, this version can be served immediately.
1. Place the cookies on the bottom of a cake pan, creating a base for the tiramisú. Splash half the dessert wine over the cookies and set aside. The exterior of the cookies should be wet while the interior should remain somewhat dry.
2. In a bowl, add mascarpone, the remaining dessert wine, sugar and chocolate. Whisk together until creamy and thoroughly mixed.
3. Spread the cream mixture evenly over the cookies, making sure all the cookies are completely covered. If you like you may also sprinkle the top of the tiramisú with chopped chocolate and cookies.
Rate This Recipe