- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: plus 3 hrs chilling time
- Effort: medium
For the tuile baskets
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 100 g flour
For the tiramisu
- 5 sheets leaf gelatine
- 6 egg yolks
- 200 g caster sugar
- 500 g mascarpone
- 500 ml double cream
- 100 ml strong coffee, or espresso
- 4 tbsp Kahlúa
- spun sugar, (optional)
1. To make the tuile baskets, preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Lay a sheet of baking parchment onto a baking tray.
2. Place the butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl and beat until smooth.
3. Gradually beat in the egg white.
4. Fold in the flour. Chill the mixture for 2 hours.
5. Meanwhile, cut circles from an ice cream lid to make a template for shaping the tuiles.
6. Remove the chilled tuile mix from the fridge and lay the template onto the parchment lined tray. Spread the mixture into the hole in a thin layer and carefully lift the template off.
7. Bake for 3-4 minutes, until golden
8. Remove the tuiles from the oven and lay them carefully over upturned tumblers and leave until old.
9. Repeat to use all the mixture.
10. To make the tiramisu, place the gelatine in a small bowl and cover with cold water. Leave for 5 minutes, to soften.
11. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until pale.
12. Add the mascarpone and mix well.
13. Whip the double cream until lightly thickened. Add it to the mascarpone mixture and beat together lightly.
14. Pour the coffee and Kahlúa into a saucepan.
15. Squeeze any excess water from the soaked gelatine and add to the pan. Stir until completely dissolved but do not allow it to boil.
16. Cool the mixture slightly and stir it into the mascarpone. Pour the mixture into a deep dish and leave to chill for about an hour
17. Ladle the tiramisu into the tuile baskets, dust the tops with cocoa powder, top with spun sugar if desired, and serve immediately...
Rate This Recipe