- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the puddings
- 100 g butter or baking margarine
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50 g lightlight muscovado sugar
For the Topping:
- 200 g butter
- juice of 1/2 lemons
- 2-3 apples
- 200 g lightlight muscovado sugar
For the Toffee Sauce:
- 50 g butter
- 150 g golden syrup
- 170 g evaporated milk
- juice of 1/2 lemons, (optional)
- 150 g lightlight muscovado sugar
1. Lightly grease the insides of eight 150ml pudding moulds. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/ Gas 7.
2. First make the topping. Melt the butter and sugar together in a small pan over a gentle heat, add the lemon juice and apples, and divide between the pudding moulds.
3. Measure the cake ingredients into a food processor and mix until blended, scraping down the sides of the bowl once. Alternatively, mix the ingredients in a bowl with an electric hand-held whisk.
4. Spoon the mixture on to the apples in the pudding moulds, filling each mould only two-thirds full. Cover each mould with a square of buttered foil.
5. Line a small roasting tin with a piece of kitchen paper, put in the moulds and half fill the tin with boiling water.
6. Cover completely with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until the puddings are well risen and firm to the touch.
7. Meanwhile, make the toffee sauce. Measure the butter, sugar and syrup into a pan, and heat gently until melted and liquid. Gently boil for 5 minutes.
8. Remove from the heat and gradually add the evaporated milk. The sauce is now ready. Leave on one side and heat to piping hot to serve. If you find the sauce too sweet, add lemon juice to taste.
9. When the puddings are ready, remove from the oven, loosen the sides and turn out. Serve drizzled with hot toffee sauce.
Rate This Recipe