- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 apples
- 3 tbsp sultanas
- grated zest and juice of 1 large oranges
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
For the toffee sauce:
- 55 g butter
- 170 g muscovado sugar
- 150 ml golden syrup
- 150 ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Core the apples and place them in a small ovenproof dish.
3. Stuff the cored apples with the sultanas and pour over the orange juice and rind.
4. Cover with kitchen foil and cook for around 30-35 minutes, until just cooked but still holding their shape.
5. Meanwhile, make the toffee sauce. Heat the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan over a low heat until the sugar melts.
6. Stir in the cream and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes.
7. Remove the baked apples from the oven, drizzle over the toffee sauce and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe