- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g chewy toffees
- 200 ml double cream, to serve
- glug of cider brandy, (optional)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, cut into 2cm squares
- ½ lemons, juice only
- 400 g grapes
- 200 g strawberries
- 4 satsuma
1. Refrigerate all the fruit you are going to use for dipping, tossing the apples in lemon juice to stop them from turning brown. Unwrap the toffees (its essential that you use chewy not crunchy ones) and place them in a heavy-based saucepan or fondue pan. Add the cream and place the pan over a low heat, stirring gently until the toffees have melted and mixed in with the cream. Add a splash of cider if using.
2. Just before you are ready to serve the fondue, remove the fruit from the fridge and divide the satsumas into segments. Put the fruit onto plates on the table and place the toffee mixture in the centre. Give everyone a fork, fondue prong or kebab stick to skewer the chilled fruit then dunk it in the fondue.
Rate This Recipe