- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 20 mins soaking
- Effort: easy
- 200 g minced beef
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 tbsp chilli bean sauce
- 500 ml hot water
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 4 chinese dried mushrooms, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes, stems removed and chopped
- 400 g tofu, chopped into 2cm squares
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 large spring onions, shredded
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the minced beef with the rice wine and leave on one side.
2. Heat a wok with the groundnut oil, and when hot, add the garlic, ginger and red chillies. Stir fry for one minute before tipping in the minced beef and adding the chilli bean sauce. Fry for about 2-3 minutes before pouring in the hot water.
3. Bring to the boil, turn the heat down a tad, and stir in the mushrooms and carrots. Simmer for about 20 minutes - until the meat is tender.
4. Just before serving, add the tofu, season the stew with soy sauce salt and pepper, and stir in the spring onions. Accompany with steamed rice.
Rate This Recipe