- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 15 minutes marinating
- Effort: easy
For the tofu:
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 350 g firm tofu, cut into bite size cubes
- vegetable oil, for frying
For the dressing:
- 200 g mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp vegetarian parmesan
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
For the salad:
- 2 heart of romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 8 tbsp croutons
- vegetarian parmesan, to garnish
1. For the tofu: In a bowl, mix the hoisin sauce and sesame oil. Add the tofu, mix well and leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
2. For the dressing: Put all the ingredients in a food processor with 6 tablespoons of boiling water, or use a stick blender, and whizz till the garlic has been mashed up. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
3. For the salad: In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with as much dressing as you like, any left over will keep in the fridge for a week. Mix well and pop in a serving bowl.
4. Place a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add a touch of vegetable oil to the pan then brown the tofu on all sides. Toss over the salad then garnish with the croutons and parmesan.
Want to see more like this? Take a look at lots more of our vegetarian recipes.
Rate This Recipe