- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red bird's eye chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar, or Mirin
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
- 150 g fresh tofu
- 2.5 cm spring onions, green stem only, very finely sliced
- 2 pinches of sesame seeds
1. Place the chopped bell pepper, chilli and garlic in a small food processor bowl with the vinegar, water and sugar. Blitz briefly to give a watery textured purée.
2. Transfer the mixture to a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes, or until most of the water has evaporated and the mixture is thick and pulpy. Set aside to cool.
3. Cut the tofu into neat cubes and place on serving dishes. When the pepper sauce has cooled to room temperature, spoon it over the tofu. Sprinkle each portion with finely sliced spring onion and sesame seeds, then serve.
Rate This Recipe