- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
Tom Yam Soup
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 Thai shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp grated galangal or ginger
- 1 tbsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 litres chicken stock
- 175 g pork fillet, frozen
- 20 canned straw mushrooms, drained and halved
- 100 ml fresh lime juice
- 8 lime leaves, shredded
- 15 g fresh coriander leaves
- 50 ml fish sauce
- 10 ml light soy sauce
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Fry the shallot and galangal for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
2. Add chilli flakes and fry until the chilli colours the oil. Pour in the chicken stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Once simmering, shave in the frozen pork fillet and add the straw mushrooms, lime juice, lime leaves and coriander.
4. Stir in the fish sauce and soy sauce. Simmer until the pork has cooked through and serve.
Rate This Recipe