- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 litres fish stock
- 3 stalks of lemongrass, white part only, bruised
- 6 cm galangal, finely sliced
- 7 Thai bird's eye chillies, bruised
- 5 red Asian shallots, peeled and bruised
- 8 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- 400 g catfish fillets, cut into cubes
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 6 saw tooth coriander leaves, sliced
- 5 tbsp lime juice
- A handful of coriander
1. Add stock, lemongrass, galangal, chilli, red shallots & kaffir lime then bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add fish sauce, catfish & cherry tomatoes and bring back to the boil, skim any impurities that rise to the top, then reduce to a low simmer for 6 minutes until fish is just cooked.
3. Now add spring onions, saw tooth coriander and limejuice. Stir well, garnish with coriander and serve.
Rate This Recipe