- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 large courgettes, trimmed and sliced into very thin rounds
- 12 tomatoes, about the same diameter as the courgettes
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt, and freshly ground white pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Quickly blanch the courgette slices until just wilted, then drain thoroughly.
3. Slice the tomatoes in half crossways and cut out the cores. Slice the flesh into thin rounds the same thickness as the courgettes.
4. Place six 10cm ring moulds on the prepared baking sheet. Arrange overlapping alternating slices of courgettes and tomatoes in the moulds.
5. Season with salt and freshly ground white pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
6. Lift off the rings. Bake for 10 minutes until the crumbs are golden and crisp.
Rate This Recipe