- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 6 tomatoes
- ï¿½ handful of parsley, chopped
- ï¿½ handful of thyme, leaves only
- 50 g mature English cheddar cheese
- 350 g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- milk, to mix
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the tomatoes for 10 minutes. Add in the parsley and thyme, then set aside to cool.
3. Toss the grated Cheddar and flour into a large mixing bowl and add in the fried tomatoes and herbs.
4. Spoon in the mustard and then add the egg. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Mix well and then add enough milk to form a smooth dough.
6. Place the dough on a greased baking sheet and press down to a round. Make deep cuts in the top to make 8 wedges and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
7. Serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe