- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 8 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- 4-5 basil
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Cut the bread into 1cm squares and place into a bowl.
2. Drizzle over the olive oil and add the oregano. Toss well to evenly coat the bread in the oil and herbs.
3. Lay the bread out onto a baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes, until crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
4. Place the tomatoes in a liquidiser and blend until puréed. Push the mixture through a sieve and discard any seeds.
5. Add the tomato ketchup and mascarpone cheese to the tomato juice, and whisk until smooth. Stir in the basil and transfer the mixture to an ice cream machine. Churn the mixture until almost frozen - just before it sets, tip in the croutons and continue to churn until firm.
Rate This Recipe