- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 15 mins chilling plus setting
- Effort: easy
- 110 g cream crackers
- 50 g pine kernels
- 175 g butter
- 50 g mild cheddar cheese
For the filling:
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 225 g soft mild goats' cheese
- juice and grated zest of ï¿½ lemons
- 8 large basil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 handfuls of basil
- sunflower oil
- 50 g pine kernels, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. First of all, place the tomatoes in a small baking tin, drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven for 25 minutes or until browned. Cool, then roughly chop.
3. Meanwhile, to make the base, place the cream crackers and the pine kernels in a food processor. Whiz to a fine crumb.
4. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Mix in the finely ground cream cracker mixture and the Cheddar cheese.
5. Spread the cream cracker mixture evenly over the base of a greased 20cm spring-form cake tin, pressing down firmly.
6. Bake for 10 minutes alongside the roasting tomatoes to set the base. Remove from the oven, cool, then chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
7. Put the goats' cheese in a mixing bowl and mix in the lemon zest and juice. Rip up the basil leaves and add in. Now toss in the roasted tomatoes, season with freshly ground black pepper and then stir gently.
8. Spoon the cheese mixture over the chilled biscuit base, smooth over the top and then place in the refrigerator until set.
9. Once the cheesecake has chilled, garnish it. Pick off the basil leaves and overlay around the edge of the cake. Now do the same, going the other way around on the inside of the other leaves. With your fingertips, and just before serving, lightly oil the leaves with a touch of sunflower oil to give a shine to them. Pile the toasted kernels in the middle.
Rate This Recipe