- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large baked potato, rubbed with water and salt before baking
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onions, chopped
- 2 clove garlic
- 0.5 red chillies, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 6 basil
- 1 balls mozzarella
- 30 g parmesan, grated
1. Halve the baked potato lengthways. Scoop out and reserve most of the potato from each half.
2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add in the onion and garlic and fry gently until softened.
4. Add the chopped chilli, capers and fry, stirring, for 2-3 minutes longer.
5. Add the canned tomatoes and cook briskly for 5 minutes, reducing the mixture. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and add the basil leaves, ripped up.
6. Take 3 tablespoons of the tomato sauce (reserving the remainder) and mix with the reserved potato flesh.
7. Refill the potato halves with this mixture, then top with mozzarella and Parmesan.
8. Bake for 10 minutes, then serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe