- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 35 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 12 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- handful of mixed herbs, (chives, basil, chervil and dill)
For the garnish:
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1 thick slice of watermelon, deseeded
- sprigs herbs, (basil, chervil and dill)
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1. Put the tomatoes, cucumber and herbs in a liquidiser, and blend to purée.
2. Pour into a muslin-lined sieve set over a large bowl. Push the purée through the muslin, pressing hard with the back of a wooden spoon. Leave in the fridge for 2-3 hours to chill.
3. Using a melon baller, make some neat balls of cucumber and watermelon.
4. Place a few balls in individual serving bowls, with some tiny sprigs of herbs.
5. Ladle in the tomato consommé, and drizzle with olive oil.
Rate This Recipe