- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- pinch dried mixed herbs
- pepper, to taste
- 210 g spaghetti
Tips and Suggestions
Always wash your hands, work surfaces, utensils and chopping boards before you start cooking.
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan or frying pan. Cook the onion on a medium heat until it's soft.
2. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Make sure the pan is not too hot when you add the garlic as it burns easily. Burnt garlic will make the sauce taste bitter.
3. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and mixed herbs.
4. Simmer gently for 15 minutes until the sauce is thick and rich. Add pepper to taste.
5. Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet.
6. Serve the sauce with the spaghetti and top with fresh herbs.
Nutritional information per portion (460g)
Energy 307kcal (1298kJ)
(of which sugars) 11.5g
Fat, total 3.5g
(of which saturates) 0.4g
Traffic lights per portion (460g)
Fat: Green (low)
Saturates: Green (low)
Sugars: Green (low)
Salt: Green (low)
Contains: wheat (gluten) in the spaghetti. Wheat is also found in some tomato purées. Pasta may contain egg.
Rate This Recipe