- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g ripe vine tomatoes
- 2 clove garlic
- 5 tbsp pesto
- 100 ml Sauvignon blanc white wine
- black pepper
- a small bunch of basil, ripped (4 leaves left whole, for garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7. Place the tomatoes and the whole garlic cloves on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes until the tomato skins peel.
2. Peel the tomatoes and garlic and put in a saucepan. Add 600ml water. Bring to the boil and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
3. Using a blender, liquidise the contents of the pan. Stir in a tablespoon of pesto and stir in the wine. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Gently re-heat the soup. Just before serving add the ripped basil leaves.
5. Ladle into four serving bowls. Top each portion with a tablespoon of pesto and a basil leaf in the middle.
Rate This Recipe