- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- small loaf of focaccia, torn into bite-size pieces
- 8 large tomatoes, each chopped into 8 large pieces
- 20 black Kalamata olives, in olive oil pitted and squashed
- tbsp baby capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- bunch of basil, leaves picked and torn
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 6.
2. Place the focaccia pieces onto a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
3. Meanwhile, put the chopped tomatoes into a large bowl. Add the olives, capers, garlic, olive oil, salt, sugar and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Divide the toasted focaccia pieces between 4 large serving dishes and top with a large spoonful of the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with basil leaves, drizzle with olive oil then serve.
Rate This Recipe