- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus up to 30 mins standing
- Effort: easy
For the fish
- 500 g red snapper fillets, skinned and pin bones removed
- 100 g coconut cream
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp salt
For the salad
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1/2 fresh red chillies, finely chopped
Tips and Suggestions
Make sure the fish is extremely good quality and very fresh for this recipe.
1. Cut the fish fillets into small chunks and place in a bowl
2. Pour over four-fifths of the lemon juice and salt. Leave to stand for 1 to 30 minutes depending on how raw you like your fish. The lemon juice and salt will 'cook' the fish.
3. When the fish is 'cooked' to your liking, drain off the lemon juice and discard.
4. Add the coconut cream and the remaining lemon juice to taste.
5. Toss the salad ingredients together.
6. To serve; mix the salad ingredients with the fish and season with salt and pepper.
Rate This Recipe